Thursday, January 6, 2011

Introducing 2011

Yesterday was supposed to have been the 'inaugural blog' for well-rounded living but for some crazy reason, the edit wasn't working. No matter what, it was impossible to add text. You'll find out that I have a very fateful approach to much of life. Another way of looking at it is "stuff happens". I save the stressful stuff for interpersonal relationships, which I'm just not that good at. It's not for lack of trying -- sometimes trying isn't enough. Anyway, about the blog....

This blog gives my views on well-rounded living: budgeting, changing, families, and frugality. I'm hoping that Steve, my other half, will occasionally write a blog here. Heck, I'm hoping he adds something on a regular basis. You'll find that we have quite a different view on life. It certainly spices up things around the household!

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 53 year old mom of 5, with one child still at home. Wait, she'll be very upset if she reads that. I have one TEENAGER still at home....15 year olds can be picky!  I live with Angel, my 15 year old, and Steve, the aforementioned other half. Steve lost his job in a down-sizing at a major hotel chain about two years ago. Now he works for the nation's largest retailer and definitely works hard for every dollar. I wish he worked as hard around the house, but that's another story; he wishes I would do more around the house too! Angel feels that she does all the cleaning. In reality of course, Angel does NOT do all the housework, but with the drama of a 15 year old, it undoubtedly seems like it. The reality is that with a 100+ year old house and two workign adults, we're like nearly every other American family: Not enough money, not enough time, not enough energy.

Steve works hard for a living, but I write. It's hard too, but a different kind of hard. His work is physically demanding, mine is mentally taxing. I work longer hours than Steve, but luckily have all the comforts of home. It's only a few steps to the restroom, the fridge, and the hug of a smelly dog. Steve, on the other hand, has a 25+ mile commute each way. Up here in the mountains of West Virginia, near the Pennsylvania and Maryland borders, that's nothing to laugh at. Two words: I worry. No doubt anyone with a commuting spouse knows just how I feel.With roads this snowy and a drive that long, I'll worry every trip.


Okay, that's enough for now. Tomorrow, we can talk about what you'd like to read, and what kind of info you'd like to have. My slogan is: If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you!   So until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment